Now that we are in residency, I have a couple more to add and I thought that many of you could appreciate them. :)
You know your husband is a resident if...
- you regularly use the word "STAT" to get his attention. Example: "I need you to take the dog out, STAT."
- you can hear a vibrating pager from anywhere in your house.
- one of your weekly laundry loads is mostly scrubs.
- your friends consult you to find out your husband's call schedule before they make plans for the upcoming months.
- you refer to your weekends by color. (Golden weekend = entire weekend off! No call!! Black weekend = on call all weekend...sucky!)
- you eat a weekly meal in the hospital cafeteria, not because you are visiting someone who is sick - but just to spend some time with your spouse.
- the phrase, "I'm capped!" does not refer to wearing a baseball hat.
- you frequently tiptoe around your house in the afternoon - not because your baby is asleep but because your husband is post call.
Feel free to add to these if you have some good ones...medical school or resident ones!