Hello friends who are or have been in my same situation! :) I'm Mel. I'm new to this amazing blog, and happy to be here. Here's an "about me" list to sum up my into:
1. Married my husband in June 2006
2. Graduated with a degree in Speech Communication in May 2009
3. Had our first baby 3 months later in August 2009 (Yes, I looked like a pregnant cheerleader at my graduation)
4. Husband graduated in May 2010 with Biology (Physiology & Anatomy) Degree
5. June 2010.....um, we still hadn't heard yes from any med schools...what do we do? Apply next year? Start a Master's program? Yeah......we were totally lost.
6. July 2010......we got off the waitlist and into med school!.....and have 1 month to find a place to live where we've never lived before, get into an apartment and out of our old apartment and move. In ONE month. And we have a baby. But of course I kept my cool and didn't freak out...*cough cough*
7. August 2010 husband started med school and our baby boy turned 1.
Let's talk about August briefly. This move away from family to a place I've never lived with a baby was incredibly difficult. And I mean anxiety/panic attacks/couldn't eat and threw up for 3 weeks difficult. All while husband was stressed about getting set up at med school. We were both pretty much pushed to our limits.
So I bid farwell to August....you will not be missed by me. But thankfully now I'm doing infinitely better...I can eat and sleep and actually function like a normal human being. I'm starting to feel like myself again. Yea! :) I started a new blog to therapeutically write about what's going on with us med school-wise. And I've met several med school wives that go to my husband's school, and I'm going out of my way (and comfort zone!) to make new friends. I'm slowly building my net of a support system....that now you are a part of......and it's making me so happy. :) Thank you!
I look forward to getting to know all of you better and hearing about your advice and experiences!