November 4, 2008

Residency Interviews

I cannot believe that my husband's time in med school is quickly coming to an end. Everyone says that the time flies by and I am definitely seeing that now!

My husband Jeff is starting the interviewing process for residency now and had his first interview yesterday. The interview went well, and I got to travel with him for this one so that was nice. Still, the whole process of waiting for the match to happen can be very stressful. Everyone in our families and at work has started asking, "Where does he want to do his residency?" and it is difficult to explain to them that although we have preferences, the final decision comes down to the match and we don't have a whole lot of control in the process. At times I get really stressed by this, but recently I have been praying about it a lot and trying to lay my worries in God's hands. I try to remind myself that God brought us to Erie and paved the way for us to have some great experiences and meet some really neat people and he will do the same for us on the next step of the way.

That is one huge lesson that I have learned so far in this whole med school time period...God is in control and already knows where he wants us next. :) So, for those of you who are just starting the med school wife journey, remember to slow down and be in prayer about these scary transitions...you will be blessed by God's peace!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Thanks for the reminder of remaining in prayer during this season. It has been really cool to see the Lord's faithfulness in our lives.

Derricca said...

That seems so far away for us. :) Really though, I can't even believe it has been a few months. (probably sounds silly to you) :)

God has been my strength through all of this. I am so thrilled to see others share my faith!

Leciawp said...

Best wishes to you and your husband at this difficult time! My husband is a radiologist and I remember the training well.