November 4, 2008

Fleeting Moment

Have you ever had a day that you envied your med school spouse?

No, not when you come home from work and you have some free time but he has to study for an exam.

No, not when they sit in lecture for hours at a time.

No, not when they get the humanity beat out of them by impossible standards.

But when you go home for lunch and he's at home too because lecture got out early and he had a test yesterday so he is going to lay on the hammock and read for a bit and enjoy this beautiful weather... and you just really wish that you didn't have to go back to work right now?

And then you remember things like unpronounceable pharmacology flash cards and weekends completely sacrificed for Renal exams on Monday and the moment of envy is over. In fact, feeling pretty good about my lot.

2 comments:

Derricca said...

YES! But then as fast as it comes...there it goes, haha. I love posts like this. But seriously, so true.

Brooke & Freeland said...

yes.. I do envy the idea of school too! I even have moments (really just seconds) where I think.. maybe I should go back to school.. I miss it. Then reality sets in and I realize that what they do is waaaayyy too hard & it would cost money.. and I would be paying to be busy instead of getting paid. :)