March 20, 2011

It's been a while...

Hey everyone! I was wondering how everyone was doing and decided to post. Before I start....how do I get on the "who we are" list?
For those of you who are new to this...My name is Karina and my husband is a 1st yr MS. We married in July and he began school in August. We moved away from our home town and it was a very difficult adjustment. It was extremely difficult and I was extremely lonely since I did not know anyone and had not started working (I'm a teacher). The next challenge that I am still facing today, but its not as crucial as before is that I too have always wanted to be in medical school. Seeing my husband in med school made me jealous for a while. I had to stop myself and thank God for blessing with such an intelligent and charming husband. There was no reason for me to be jealous. The best part is that my husband is so supportive. We've talked about it many times and he has always said that if medical school is something I want then I should go for it. So after contemplating and observing how much time and effort and sacrifice it takes, I thought maybe later. I am however applying to nursing school....with this education budget cut I feel like I need to switch careers and find something with job security. Since I am very into the medical industry I believe that I would be a wonderful and caring nurse.
Any how, things are really going well. My husband has been doing great managing his study time and we make it a point to go on a date every other week. This has definitely helped our relationship. Well it is getting late and tomorrow is our first day back from spring break. I hope you all have a wonderful week. Take care and talk to you soon.

1 comment:

Cami! said...

Karina,

My husband is MS1 too, and I'm 11 months away from being done with nursing school. We both graduated from college last year, and only applied to medical schools that had accelerated nursing programs nearby. We both ended up at the same school and it has been wonderful! We get to ride to and from school together each day (even though that means I have to go in at 6 am and usually not leave until 10!), eat lunch (and dinner) together at school, and even study together at times. It is fun to compare nursing philosophies and practices with those of medicine, and I love knowing what he's talking about when he talks about school stuff (which he does ALL. THE. TIME.) I totally recommend the med/nursing spouse-ships and wish you the best of luck!